Saturday, February 9, 2008

Kelly's prayer attempt

This is all new to me, so bear with me. As I sit here thinking about my life, I am realizing how very lucky I am. I was speaking with my 7 year old and discussing Lent recently. I relayed stories about how as kids, I used to give things up for Lent. He asked me then why I still eat chocolate and gum or drink that Coke, and I had to think. I really like to not give things up at Lent but take on a new or improve a current habit. This year, inspired by this blog I have decided to try to pray more often. He of course said he is going to try to pray too, but "Mom let's not be too greedy with what we pray about." Ah yes, that sparked a whole other conversation. But as we sat in the car, we prayed:
Thank you Lord for my family with all of it's characters and all of it's wonder. Thank you for my church. Thank you for my sisters who I won't fight with so much. Thank you for being our Lord!
So from now on, we will try harder to be more conscience about our prayers. I will keep you posted.

No comments: